Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Garden Hose - Which approach is best? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pardus

Hi,

I want to install a garden hose from my kitchen to my backyard, preferably without having to hire a plumber. Thus I would rather not have to mess around below the sink.

I have a long necked spray-tap head, which is removable. Here are some pictures:

The spray-head: View attachment 23598
The base of the tap with the head removed: View attachment 23599
The base of the head:View attachment 23600
The base of the head: View attachment 23601

So I would like to know, would it be better to purchase something like this:

View attachment 23603

Or to get a fitting installed on the tap base?

I want the water to flow with full pressure without leaks, and I read some reviews for tap head universal connectors on Amazon, suggesting leak and pressure problems.

Is it possible - and better - to get a connector fitted to the tap base. If so what connector would I need?

Thanks for all advice. I have no plumbing experience so any help would be appreciated. :D

If you're adamant about doing this yourself and aren't going to cut into any pipes, maybe the best solution is a 'Y adapter' from your washing machine tap and go from there.
Bear in mind though that you will need some form of isolation to turn the supply to the hose off.

you won't find anything to replace the tap spout so without changing pipework under the sink, your best option is the attachment you have found for the top of the tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Garden Hose - Which approach is best? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I removed an old shower hose, which was installed by previous home owner at least 12 years ago. Upon removal, the connection is like nothing I have ever seen and I am unable to find any replacement hose of similar connector type. btw: When I removed the hose , there was no loose rubber washer...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock