Discuss Diverter valve bust. Maybe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hello guys, i am in need of some advice. I live in a one bed flat in which i have a combi boiler.

I have noticed that the radiators in the bathroom and the one in the hall way adjacent to it get warm every now and then. The heating is definately not on, as i would be mad to have it on in this weather.

Could it be the diverter valve? Or is it a kind of by-pass?

I look forward to your advice

Regards

Mutley

yep its knackered ,cant think what is on the finest think its different from the ace high if its not refurb kit from abkot if its a flow group it may have a burst bush and wet motor so new divertor and motor

thanks guys, thought it was this. Shall tell my land lady that she needs to get a service for the boiler. My boss is a gas enginner so shall get him in. More experience for me. Yay

I love this site. It is so helpful!!!!

Keep up the good work teachers

thanks guys, thought it was this. Shall tell my land lady that she needs to get a service for the boiler. My boss is a gas enginner so shall get him in. More experience for me. Yay

I love this site. It is so helpful!!!!

Keep up the good work teachers

no, tell her it needs repaired.

how would a service help?

if its a small flat it maybe just the run on after using the hotwater as excess heat is dumped into the heating circuit try running a tap for ten minutes checking rads are not getting hot then turn of tap and see if rads heat a little if yes this is normal
on small flats with little rads 30 seconds of pump over run can heat first couple of rads

Hi steve, thanks for the info. What is happening is exactly what you have said. So this is ok then?

Shall have to tell my landlady to cancel the gas safe guy.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diverter valve bust. Maybe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
Hi all, At our old flat, we had a combi boiler which dealt with heating and hot water without an additional tank. There was an external timer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi, First time poster. I've been banging my head against a wall this past month on google searches and soliciting advice of a couple of plumbers...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back