Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Diverter valve bust. Maybe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hello guys, i am in need of some advice. I live in a one bed flat in which i have a combi boiler.

I have noticed that the radiators in the bathroom and the one in the hall way adjacent to it get warm every now and then. The heating is definately not on, as i would be mad to have it on in this weather.

Could it be the diverter valve? Or is it a kind of by-pass?

I look forward to your advice

Regards

Mutley

yep its knackered ,cant think what is on the finest think its different from the ace high if its not refurb kit from abkot if its a flow group it may have a burst bush and wet motor so new divertor and motor

thanks guys, thought it was this. Shall tell my land lady that she needs to get a service for the boiler. My boss is a gas enginner so shall get him in. More experience for me. Yay

I love this site. It is so helpful!!!!

Keep up the good work teachers

thanks guys, thought it was this. Shall tell my land lady that she needs to get a service for the boiler. My boss is a gas enginner so shall get him in. More experience for me. Yay

I love this site. It is so helpful!!!!

Keep up the good work teachers

no, tell her it needs repaired.

how would a service help?

if its a small flat it maybe just the run on after using the hotwater as excess heat is dumped into the heating circuit try running a tap for ten minutes checking rads are not getting hot then turn of tap and see if rads heat a little if yes this is normal
on small flats with little rads 30 seconds of pump over run can heat first couple of rads

Hi steve, thanks for the info. What is happening is exactly what you have said. So this is ok then?

Shall have to tell my landlady to cancel the gas safe guy.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diverter valve bust. Maybe?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock