Discuss disconnect a back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the sound of it the cylinder is a primatic type where the primary or heating circuit is fed from the cold water tank through a device inside the cylinder which allows water to enter the heating system but maintains the separation between the two. You can get problems with heating and hot water systems mixing if the heating side gets too hot and you get boiling which forces water past the internal air gap.
If you are just capping off the primaries at the cylinder there should be no problem.

From the sound of it the cylinder is a primatic type where the primary or heating circuit is fed from the cold water tank through a device inside the cylinder which allows water to enter the heating system but maintains the separation between the two. You can get problems with heating and hot water systems mixing if the heating side gets too hot and you get boiling which forces water past the internal air gap.
If you are just capping off the primaries at the cylinder there should be no problem.

sounds much more like a fortic tank Fortic F1 if you ask me

sounds more like an old direct cylinder to me typical set up direct cylinder cold water storage take feeds the cylinder and the f and r to the back boiler probably in galvanised steel pipework start draing and youll see the balvale start to fill then you know its that one that needs to be turned of or tied up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to disconnect a back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
when I removed the back coal saver I can now see the mental back boiler. I could not see the back boiler when I put the coal saver in place last...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock