Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Diamond core in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reltub

Hi guys,

Can someone recommend me a 5" diamond core bit and where to get it from.

Cheers

Apparently the rothenburger ones as quick, but robo gear isn't the best. I have makita (Pts) own brand and its ok.

if you want a really good en, get a hilti one from hilti.

or google/ebay search marcrist 127mm core bit.

I bought Makita last year as I've been happy with the rest of my kit but found the core bit very disappointing in comparison to my previous bit, it just seems to take such a long time to get through. I hear Marcrist are supposed to be decent.

I bought Makita last year as I've been happy with the rest of my kit but found the core bit very disappointing in comparison to my previous bit, it just seems to take such a long time to get through. I hear Marcrist are supposed to be decent.

Yeh I find it quicker to stitch it out than use my makita set! But if stone or delicate......

Check the mi's for the drill,it probably will but its a question of how long the drill will last

Cheers lads, I checked the MIs and they saw 66mm max, If I have to buy a bigger drill I might aswell give it a try (going slow) with this one first, if I break it I was going to buy a new one anyway ;)

An sds will drive a 100 odd mill core. Keep it in speed 1 for higher torque, don't push it and don't be tempted to put the hammer on.
It will take a while longer but will do the job.
Ok for a one off every now and again but do it a lot and you will kill the gun.

diamond core drills need a high speed drill, sds drills are not fast enough! hence why they burn out or clutch fails or the user ends up on the floor with a black eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diamond core in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock