Discuss Dangers of incorrectly installed boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

steven58

We are renting currently boiler in active for more than 3 weeks no despite landlord having 6 engineer visits It just stopped working had a fix lasted two weeks then off again. so know getting onto a 5 week issue. No current gas safe certificate in place boiler installed to low with not a enough space underneath. condensation pipe was cut by an engineer as it was feared it was frozen ( pipe runs along an outside wall unlagged into outside downpipe 3rd floor flat ) pipe not been rectified so water has been turned off and the gas turned off been like this for 3 weeks. Last engineer declared it un safe primarily because of the height thing didn't or attempt any repair or test anything else as per wrong installation. What's the initial dangers of a boiler being installed with less than half the clearance to the floor as recommended by the installation instructions. We dont have a current certificate in place and the one before cant be provided either. And if t could how could have it passed if not installed correctly?

Nothing other than a pain to work on not unsafe just because there’s not enough service clearance below

Reply to Dangers of incorrectly installed boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock