Search the forum,

Discuss Danfoss HSA 3 valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all

been called to a gloworm ultimate 60ff today with a danfoss hsa3 motorised valve, the hot water works fine the heating when called for the stat says its on but the valve is not moving if i put it on manual then it all works fine but the stat wont switch it off until the valve is moved from manual, ive checked the wiring and found this blue wire from the valve not connected i have no idea where it goes and carnt find the pdf online for the valve i have attached a picture any help would be great the blue wire has red tape on it
23466d1445271367-danfoss-motorised-valve-hsa3-picture.jpg

What does blue tend to be used for? :wink5:

Last edited:
Last edited:
will it make a difference white/brown not white black as the one in the picture is white brown ? what i carnt get my head round is the hot water works fine on the programmer ? even if the blue wire is neutral hot water still works ? its just the heating wont switch on from the programmer ?

im thinking the brown and white is wrong ? and neutral is just left out ?

what type of valve is it (mid, diverter) ? and tbh mate it might be easier to change the valve for a new one depending on age

Why are the earth wires going to the grey wire on the zone valve? I think this needs to be stripped out and redone properly

Why are the earth wires going to the grey wire on the zone valve? I think this needs to be stripped out and redone properly

3 core flex least it identified as lives

ive been told another plumber was out a few weeks ago and changed the zone valve

did it work after my thoughts no

mid position standard

blue netural
brown and white heating call
orange hot water call
grey hot water satisfied

i am crap with the wires on the terminal blocks just looks like a birds nest, what am i looking for to add the brown and white too ? would it go to the programmer ? sorry for the lame questions or where should it be going ?

Y Plan Wiring.jpg

black wire

Blue is a neutral
Brown/white goes in with ch on or return from room stat if there is one
Orange goes in with hw off and sat from stat
Grey goes in with pump boiler and cyl stat call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Danfoss HSA 3 valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock