Discuss damaged cooker ring - unsafe situation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello all,
what would you classify a damaged cooker ring as in photo? AR or ID?

IMG_20140226_215821.jpg

Thank you.

Wouldn't that depend on room co levels and colour of flame? If co level of room is ok and flame colour is ok, then AR? Just checking. Also on the subject, what if it is really dirty, would you at AR it? I mean proper proper dirty, like you can't even see the original colour of the hob

Wouldn't that depend on room co levels and colour of flame? If co level of room is ok and flame colour is ok, then AR? Just checking. Also on the subject, what if it is really dirty, would you at AR it? I mean proper proper dirty, like you can't even see the original colour of the hob
do you need glasses?its so dirty most of it has disintegrated

i was quite surprised that the cooker ring has literally melted. if you take the ring as a clock, the damage is between 3 and 4 o'clock....

No I am not an idiot, my point is that to classify it as combustion effected, you need to prove it!! To class it as dangerous due to damage is more to the point.

He comment on a thread regarding the situation of a hob ring that has suffered severe heat damage and has had a lack of maintenance for quite some time

If he would class this as AR and only turn off. IMO and by the looks of it other peoples opinion, he would be massively wrong. And this needs to be a ID situation

The comments regarding the combustion of the gas. My experienced opinion would say that due to the lack of uniform resistance on the gas flow throughout the ring will cause an increased flow of gas to a concentrated area. And also directly affect the stoichiometric mix of the gas. This causing incomplete or dangerous combustion

Fair enough, but why start calling somebody an idiot??

like I say he asked a question and you just shot him down, there was no need to start calling him an idiot and telling him never to work on gas again.

All that need to be said is that the appliance was ID and point the chap in the right direction.

He comment on a thread regarding the situation of a hob ring that has suffered severe heat damage and has had a lack of maintenance for quite some time

If he would class this as AR and only turn off. IMO and by the looks of it other peoples opinion, he would be massively wrong. And this needs to be a ID situation

The comments regarding the combustion of the gas. My experienced opinion would say that due to the lack of uniform resistance on the gas flow throughout the ring will cause an increased flow of gas to a concentrated area. And also directly affect the stoichiometric mix of the gas. This causing incomplete or dangerous combustion

were you born experienced or did you get it through doing the job.
if jace only does installs and no cp12's then he wont get the range of work.
its a perfectly valid question and he has the right to ask without being ridiculed!!

would you prefer us to not ask for fear.of you branding us as idiots for it.

you're a trusted advisor on here so please act like it.

It's only because of some of the things jase comes out with

Sometimes I think some people need extra training.

It's concerning to me that people can get gas tickets and then play with people's lives

Over the years I have cut appliances off becuase of a bad feeling. Done some research and then gone back. Better to be safe than sorry

Theres giving people extra training and then there's calling people stupid though.

If you call someone out for asking a question then next time they won't ask the question and then they'd never learn and end up leaving dangerous situations anyway.

To to be fair to jase, I've never seen him make a comment that makes him look stupid. And if I remember properly I'm sure he's only just qualified.

were you born experienced or did you get it through doing the job.
if jace only does installs and no cp12's then he wont get the range of work.
its a perfectly valid question and he has the right to ask without being ridiculed!!

would you prefer us to not ask for fear.of you branding us as idiots for it.

you're a trusted advisor on here so please act like it.

image.jpg

I don't call everyone an idiot.

As a TA I give as much adivce as I can

Sometimes I think a little tough love can be more beneficial than a meere pointing out

I was not born with experience but have worked very hard to get to where I am

I am more than willing to also help those less experienced than me to progress and develop further

I will also supply my mobile number for anyone who would like advice when "on the job"

In another thread I am posting to jase and we have already found another way of improving or potentiality improving his solder technique not only for appearance but for time saving too

So I'm not always horrid

Calling someone an idiot is not tough love.

Do you think if you call someone an idiot they will come to you for advice in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to damaged cooker ring - unsafe situation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock