Search the forum,

Discuss Daft things that make your day. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

The smell of a newly opened box of Lapsang Souchongg tea....

The smell of an old car running and you may think the next one stupid nice clean burning flue smell :D

Charging the right amount puts a smile on my face.
Nothing worse than when a customer says ''ooh that's a lot cheaper than I was expecting'' :)
As soon as the front door closes I'm like:
doh.jpg

Preparing to ask the customer Ā£30 for a wee job I did and they insist on giving me Ā£100.
Somehow I feel happy on a day like that.

When someone strays from the path of righteousness and uses
'ANOTHER PLUMBER' !
Then has the audacity to ring you and ask if you wouldn't mind helping them out of the disaster they've been left with.

It's that giddy feeling when you just 'have to' go and look and that
' flared nostrils furious laugh '
you're having in the van on your way to their house !

It's holding back the smirk when you knock on the door and remaining serious whilst examining the ridiculous situation they're in.

Then laughing like a drain again when you're back in the van !

Or is that just me ?

Old merlin engines

The smell of fresh m. Oooops its in the general section.

The smell of kerosene in the morning.

Finishing the impossible job.

Getting the boiler that 3 or 4 other people couldnt fix running again.

A weekend off.

CHRISTMAS :) too soon :) dare I say, Secret Santa :)

I'll see your Lobsang Dibbler tea and raise you the aroma of a well-earned glass of Laphroaig...

Ah, but Glasshopper. .. sometimes, just sometimes you're not allowed a wee snifter because you might have to get back behind the wheel, this is when the Lobsang 'May I be Disembowelled Honourably ' Dibbler hits the spot....

Is it wrong of me to say I was happy to hear how that Bullfighter was gored in his stomach by the bull.
Well he made the decision, no one forced him to torture and kill animals for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Daft things that make your day. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock