Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting copper pipe with no space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok sound a bit simple
In my mum's house , need to replace shower bit the shower has been tiled over twice so the screws to get the cover off are covered . Removed a few tiles and want to fit new one on top of tiles but the feed it's too short . Would just cut it and start again but pipe is too close to wall for a pipe slice and I want to use cooper push fits . Is a angle grinder or multitool out of the question as I have heared the pushfit need a very clean edge

Hacksaw and a file also deburer

I was all ready to go for it pipe slice at the (am a spark so it basically brand new) ready and it is buried and right up to the wall . I had the multitool out already to remove the grout but thought better than just cutting it .

It's a single cold water feed from the bath . It goes 15mm into 90 bend about 10mm of pipe into 90 bend up into 15 mm onto shower . I can't cut between the 90 s( not enough pipe and I can't cut with a pipe slice before the 90s because to near the wall . I don't think I can pull it away from the wall because it's buried . So i think am going to have to cut at the wall . Do you think it'd a bad ideal to use blow torch to remove the bends and clean it up or cut it and try it file it

Reply to Cutting copper pipe with no space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock