Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Cutting copper pipe with no space in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mickfred

Mickfred New Member

Ok sound a bit simple
    In my mum's house , need to replace shower bit the shower has been tiled over twice so the screws to get the cover off are covered . Removed a few tiles and want to fit new one on top of tiles but the feed it's too short . Would just cut it and start again but pipe is too close to wall for a pipe slice and I want to use cooper push fits . Is a angle grinder or multitool out of the question as I have heared the pushfit need a very clean edge

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Hacksaw and a file also deburer

3. dancinplumba

dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

yes pushfit requires a clean edge, file it

4. Mickfred

Mickfred New Member

I was all ready to go for it pipe slice at the (am a spark so it basically brand new) ready and it is buried and right up to the wall . I had the multitool out already to remove the grout but thought better than just cutting it .

5. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Post a picture up mate it would normally mean removing the tiles to expose the consealed shower mixer? If thats what you mean . Kop

6. Mickfred

Mickfred New Member

It's a single cold water feed from the bath . It goes 15mm into 90 bend about 10mm of pipe into 90 bend up into 15 mm onto shower . I can't cut between the 90 s( not enough pipe and I can't cut with a pipe slice before the 90s because to near the wall . I don't think I can pull it away from the wall because it's buried . So i think am going to have to cut at the wall . Do you think it'd a bad ideal to use blow torch to remove the bends and clean it up or cut it and try it file it