Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting copper pipe with no space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok sound a bit simple
In my mum's house , need to replace shower bit the shower has been tiled over twice so the screws to get the cover off are covered . Removed a few tiles and want to fit new one on top of tiles but the feed it's too short . Would just cut it and start again but pipe is too close to wall for a pipe slice and I want to use cooper push fits . Is a angle grinder or multitool out of the question as I have heared the pushfit need a very clean edge

Hacksaw and a file also deburer

I was all ready to go for it pipe slice at the (am a spark so it basically brand new) ready and it is buried and right up to the wall . I had the multitool out already to remove the grout but thought better than just cutting it .

It's a single cold water feed from the bath . It goes 15mm into 90 bend about 10mm of pipe into 90 bend up into 15 mm onto shower . I can't cut between the 90 s( not enough pipe and I can't cut with a pipe slice before the 90s because to near the wall . I don't think I can pull it away from the wall because it's buried . So i think am going to have to cut at the wall . Do you think it'd a bad ideal to use blow torch to remove the bends and clean it up or cut it and try it file it

Reply to Cutting copper pipe with no space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock