Search the forum,

Discuss CRB or DBS Check for Sole Trader in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bonzo1974

Typical for the government to make something as simple as ensuring that no axe murderers or nutters or paedophiles work in our schools into a system you need a PhD in Rocket Science to navigate, I can make no sense of it.

To me it seems to say that you can't DBS yourself, so what do you do as a sole trader. I'm the only employee so I can't pass it to a manager to check me, if I get the school to do the check on me then I don't end up with the certificate to get work in other schools etc in future.

Has anyone been through the DBS system as a sole trader since the scheme changed from CRB?

As a Contractor surely you are a Visitor to Schools and do not have unsupervised access so don't need DBS checking?

I work as a contractor doing schools and the clients like you to have a current CRB check , how ever a CRB check could be got today out of date tomorrow

I needed one I had to apply to some place in Scotland when I'm in work tomorrow I will give address on this thread for you

i never needed one hanging around the playground?

Me too! Or all the other parents, grandparents, etc.

Serious though
I don't know what DBS is.
I do know when I was on PTA it was not necessary.
AND when I've given talks to children in their classes it was not necessary.

It is only necessary if you are going to be alone with or responsible for the children.

I suppose if you are a plumber you could be working in the building and meet children who are walking alone in the corridor on the way to the loo when everyone is in class. But that is true of all visitors to school.

It does seem like paperwork gone mad.

I've had to complete paperwork that goes as far as parents political leanings, party memberships and criminal convictions including questions such as

Have you, at any time, conspired to overthrow, undermine or otherwise damage the government of the day up to and including civil disobedience and such criminal acts as resulting therefrom?

I think there was an enhanced CRB in there somewhere.

You only need one if your going to be left on your own.
Soon ill have three

1 for a youth leader with caravan club.

1 for parent governor for our scout group

and 1 I had done for working in a school last year even though it was at night

I've had to complete paperwork that goes as far as parents political leanings, party memberships and criminal convictions including questions such as

Have you, at any time, conspired to overthrow, undermine or otherwise damage the government of the day up to and including civil disobedience and such criminal acts as resulting therefrom?

but your in nthn ireland!!!!

Isn't that the same certificate you have to sign before your plane lands on the way to Vegas, or NY, or DC?

I needed one I had to apply to some place in Scotland when I'm in work tomorrow I will give address on this thread for you

Were you working in Scotland or England and this was the place to apply?

working in England but this is one of the few places you can get one yourself ideal for the self employed requiring this cert

CRB's are no longer used - They are all DBS checks now and they are undertaken by CAPITA.

i got one not long back as a national i contract to requested i got one.
they refered me to disclosurescotland as its only £25 as apposed to the rest and are valid equally to england.

basically its just a almost blank cert with your name on it!!!!!!

You only need one if your going to be left on your own.
Soon ill have three

1 for a youth leader with caravan club.

1 for parent governor for our scout group

and 1 I had done for working in a school last year even though it was at night

We used to need one for each organisation/employer you worked with but it's changed and now we have one which covers them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CRB or DBS Check for Sole Trader in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock