Search the forum,

Discuss Cordless hammer drill - any recommendations please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi there, I am looking for a more powerful cordless for site work. I have a matika combi but it is like a toffee hammer and looking for something more substantial but not too over the top.

I have a corded hammer if i need to core drill.

Thanks in advance

What size of holes are you trying to drill?

Just googled the type of drill you have.

Get something that takes SDS bits - I'm sure Makita must have something available

Last edited:
I have a hitachi 36v.
Its light and powerful.
Come with a twin battery pack.
I got it for about 330 from memory (ill look)

Yeh 300 quid now
Can knock a house down
Batteries charge fast - fan assisted charger

6c8fd248035b49047ac8fcee998dc4e7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, main use knocking in 7mm screws with facility to drill pipe 15 and 22mm pipe with sheathing.

another vote for a sds (the big one) but i have the bosch 36v and will do 32mm holes all day

Makita DHR263ZJ Twin 18V Li-Ion 4.6kg Cordless SDS Plus Hammer Drill - BareProduct Code: 7834G
Screwfix
Not a bad price £240.00

Last edited:
trouble is anything 18v wont be able to drill much bigger than a 20mm hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cordless hammer drill - any recommendations please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens on the hot pipework, more specifically the hot taps in the bathroom (basin and bath). but it only seems to happen when I open the hot tap to a...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and it was hammering constantly after filling. I turned off this stopcock, drained all the pipes, turned the taps back off and then let the water back...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
hi all i need some help and advice i am tiling around 2 shower pipe fittings. as the measurements were intricate i was practicing on off cuts and trying to create a template. I've noticed when i drill holes into the tiles sometimes they would crack. i don't use any pressure or drill too fast...
Replies
Views
I am planning on replacing a standard radiator with a designer style vertical radiator in anthracite. I will need a high output of 6000BTU plus. I have researched online and I am struggling to find any consensus on what is a quality radiator brand to select from. I’m not necessarily looking for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock