Currently reading:
Converting from system to combi

Discuss Converting from system to combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colin1983

Hello everyone, i have recently converted my central heating from a Y-plan system boiler to a vailant ecotec plus 831. Everything seems to be woking fine untill i noticed that two radiators dont seen to be heating up (en-suite and main bathroom) i can recall that these rads were the only two in the house that had TVR valves fitted originlly. I have disconected these rads and checked the flow and return and both seem to have good pressure. I am unsure if i have made a mistake when stripping out the redundant equipment. I linked the flow from the boiler to the radiator flow then removed the pump, cylinder and three port valve. I then capped off the return from the cylinder. There was also a 15mm pipe teed in between the pump and 3 port valve which i capped off.

Any assistance or thoughts on this problem would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Colin

yep your 2 rads were on the primaries so were on anytime htg or hw was called for , by capping the 15mm you have stopped the circuit , just tee that back into the flow and you should be ok

Evening, i have connected in the 15mm into the flow and it is working a treat now, thank you both for the help and advice. I had never noticed before that those rads were on with the hot water since the system had an economy 7 timer controlling an immersion so therefore i never used to turn on the hot water via the boiler it was only really used for central heating and hot water together. Thank you again.

Colin

having installed a new boiler, why use an immersion heater for hot water, doesnt make sense after all it takes power to make electricity so your using a heat source thats already not a primary power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Converting from system to combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock