Discuss Converting from system to combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colin1983

Hello everyone, i have recently converted my central heating from a Y-plan system boiler to a vailant ecotec plus 831. Everything seems to be woking fine untill i noticed that two radiators dont seen to be heating up (en-suite and main bathroom) i can recall that these rads were the only two in the house that had TVR valves fitted originlly. I have disconected these rads and checked the flow and return and both seem to have good pressure. I am unsure if i have made a mistake when stripping out the redundant equipment. I linked the flow from the boiler to the radiator flow then removed the pump, cylinder and three port valve. I then capped off the return from the cylinder. There was also a 15mm pipe teed in between the pump and 3 port valve which i capped off.

Any assistance or thoughts on this problem would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Colin

yep your 2 rads were on the primaries so were on anytime htg or hw was called for , by capping the 15mm you have stopped the circuit , just tee that back into the flow and you should be ok

Evening, i have connected in the 15mm into the flow and it is working a treat now, thank you both for the help and advice. I had never noticed before that those rads were on with the hot water since the system had an economy 7 timer controlling an immersion so therefore i never used to turn on the hot water via the boiler it was only really used for central heating and hot water together. Thank you again.

Colin

having installed a new boiler, why use an immersion heater for hot water, doesnt make sense after all it takes power to make electricity so your using a heat source thats already not a primary power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Converting from system to combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock