Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss conundrum for the newbies to the trade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

DONT TELL THEM THE ANSWER THE REST OF YOU

gone to a call out today,old terraced house with the back of the house on a higer level than the front system is a old s plan,airing cuboreds on the lower level symptoms are the higher level rads are dead but there getting hot water and lower level rads up and down stairs working,pumps screaming its head off,motorized valve on the heating is clanging

whats the fault with this system and how would you verify it?

is it
the pump
the motorized valve
something else

Last edited by a moderator:
just to be clear Gasman is the upper radiators dead or working ? as you say they are dead then up and down stairs ones working, or am i just being a mong, don't think its written quite clearly

don't worry i'm not going to answer anyway :bucktooth:

Answer is simples ,,,,

New system required , combi + rads then £600 labour , 2 plumbers done in a day in out in a flash and never to be seen again !!!

Oh and no flush !!!

just to be clear Gasman is the upper radiators dead or working ? as you say they are dead then up and down stairs ones working, or am i just being a mong, don't think its written quite clearly

don't worry i'm not going to answer anyway :bucktooth:

yea think i lost the plot there:svengo:the neutral point had blocked solid 3 hours later and a new pump and cut out tee all was back working

blimey, how did you find that out gas man? Did you just put a magnet on it? Am glad you posted that. I will know if this ever happens to me.

Thanks

why is it by the way, that the neutral point is always the place that gets blocked? Because there is no pushing or sucking?

blimey, how did you find that out gas man? Did you just put a magnet on it? Am glad you posted that. I will know if this ever happens to me.

Thanks
tried venting the rads on the higher level of the house,no air no water;went up to loft tank was full,
thought it had run dry then put a magnet on the cold feed tee it stuck well the tee was totally blocked no wonder the pump failed

why is it by the way, that the neutral point is always the place that gets blocked? Because there is no pushing or sucking?
yes,thats the reason,and the point of posting it up here,simple checks can eliminate problems,system was still a pig to fill up even after cutting out the blocked cold feed another tip if you find this go back to the f+e and blow hard down the vent

Sometimes the most simple thing is the cause of the problem.

I had a call the other day to say that a Salamander shower pump that I installed 10 months ago was suddenly giving poor performance at the showerhead. My mind started thinking the worse and that I'd be there all day messing about taking pump connections apart into bucket etc and phoning Salamander.

I started with the most simple thing and swapped the showerhead over to the new one in the en-suite and it worked at full force. The old Aqualisa showerhead was just partially blocked. I cleaned it out with a needle and its now working perfectly.

Always start simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to conundrum for the newbies to the trade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock