Discuss Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Flexi vent is 100% rubbish on anything other than runs that are short or need to go around corners

concorde was shaped as it was for airflow reasons

Flexi vent is 100% rubbish on anything other than runs that are short or need to go around corners

concorde was shaped as it was for airflow reasons
Sure - but if the problem is fixed, i'll stop there.

if it comes back with a vengance in the colder months as you rightly pointed out - i'd swap the ducting then I guess.

Update on this one,

So i've had the crappy extractor fan swapped over to a Vent Axia Lo Carbon Quadra, Centrifigual type extractor fan.

At maximum speed setting (220 m3 per hour), it is preventing moisture in the room, but by god is it loud, its deafening when you're in the room at round 50decibels.

Not something i'm going to be able to get used to unfortunately. So i've tried setting it to half speed (110 m3), noise is then a bearable 37db, and it does keep the moisture off the surfaces for i'd say about 5mins of shower time, but anything longer than that the room does start getting quite cloud, as if it that there's just too much vapour for it to deal with eventually. At which point it does start to form on the tiles/mirrors etc.

That said, I left it running after 10-15mins after the shower stopped and after that time, the room is quite dry again.

If it only stays wet in the room for 10-15.... will that still be an issue with damp / mould eventually, or is that OK?

Last edited:
That should be ok

I thought you said the red lines were marking where the vent runs ????????

extractor fan swapped over to a Vent Axia Lo Carbon Quadra, Centrifigual type extractor fan.

At maximum speed setting (220 m3 per hour), it is preventing moisture in the room, but by god is it loud, its deafening when you're in the room at round 50decibels.

You haven't been using it for long enough to draw any conclusions - and remember its a warm dry time of year

20 minutes minimum for the over run timer IMHO

You haven't been using it for long enough to draw any conclusions - and remember its a warm dry time of year

20 minutes minimum for the over run timer IMHO

Yeah fair enough, I need to cut a hole now anyway as the spark seems to think the ducting vent on the exterior wall has been cored out too low, meaning the ducting wont be running straight acrosss the ceiling cavity but instead will S bend down for some reason. He advised that needs addressing, so we're gonna cut a nice hole over the bath and see about fitting an Inline ACM125T in there instead.

125T is 30db at max speed of 330 m3 per hour. Just a case of whether we've got enough room in the ceiling cavity, but we need to cut the hole anyway now to see whats going on with this ducting regardless so can't hurt to try and fit one in there at the same time!

You need to have a steamy shower and see how the fan gets on, then do it again and partly open and see if it clears quicker - if it does then the gap under the door isn’t enough

Look at Manrose MF125T, 310m3/hr at 25dB

I’ve used the 4” version a few times when there’s a long ducting run as axial are rubbish unless just pushing through a wall.

Again, I use rigid duct where at all possible.

Reply to Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
I currently rent a flat but the bathroom does not have a window. Weirdly last year we had no issues but this year we have noticed mould spores on...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've got a recurring really bad/strong smell coming exclusively from the 1st floor Master Bathroom and En-suite (Ground floor and top...
Replies
Views
En-suite shower room refurb needed in Twyford RG10, Berkshire before end January (overall dimensions: 335 x 157cm) ———————————— • Remove...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock