Discuss Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Here’s what I’d do. Remove a tiled column by the bath, replace with hollow structure connected to low level 150mm waste then out through the wall at low level. Slight drop on the 150mm pipe. Plenty of room at side of bath for a beast in-line fan. Replace column and hide a large grill at the top of the back of it.

Here’s what I’d do. Remove a tiled column by the bath, replace with hollow structure connected to low level 150mm waste then out through the wall at low level. Slight drop on the 150mm pipe. Plenty of room at side of bath for a beast in-line fan. Replace column and hide a large grill at the top of the back of it.
If shower doesn’t clear you could extract from it just into the main room and let the beast clear it.

100% get rid of flexi duct. I won’t even use it for a meter run.

Considering the room has no windows, I am a bit disappointed that the installer didnt call any of this out.... But hey, no point looking back, best focus on the best way to fix it.

I asked Vent-axia whether there'd be an issue running a 4" centrifugal extractor fan onto a 4" to 6" adaptor, then into 6" ducting. They said not ideal, but fine. So gonna go ahead and buy their Lo Carbon Quadra, and swap the flexi crap, for solid 6" ducting. That will be atleast 3x the extraction rate to my current setup.

If that doesnt sort the problem, then i'll go for the vent-axia 150mm inline ACM. and just install a little loft hatch above the bath for future maintenance access to the inline fan. That will be 11x the extraction rate to my current setup. Though hopefully I dont have to go this far.

How are you going to change the ducting?

PS I do think you should talk to the installer so they are aware of the issues you are having, so they can learn

If you think it’s bad now, just wait until the winter

How are you going to change the ducting?

PS I do think you should talk to the installer so they are aware of the issues you are having, so they can learn

If you think it’s bad now, just wait until the winter

ducting change will be for the sparks that comes and swaps the extractor fan to the centrifugal.

i'm guessing they will core a larger hole from the exterior wall, tie the new ducting to the old ducting, and push/pull it through hoping it doesn't snag on anything. If it does and the ceiling has to come down to get the bigger ducting in, that's fine cause we'd have to cut a hole to get the in-line up there anyway.

But hoping just the fan change will suffice without changing the ducting, as that's the least intrusive option, obviously.

Reply to Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
I currently rent a flat but the bathroom does not have a window. Weirdly last year we had no issues but this year we have noticed mould spores on...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've got a recurring really bad/strong smell coming exclusively from the 1st floor Master Bathroom and En-suite (Ground floor and top...
Replies
Views
En-suite shower room refurb needed in Twyford RG10, Berkshire before end January (overall dimensions: 335 x 157cm) ———————————— • Remove...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock