Discuss Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Above in my post (20)
Thats beefy indeed. Would mean ripping the ducting out and going bigger but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I reckon it's probably overkill at 800 odd m3 but maybe you're right.

I guess it cant hurt to try a centrifugal one first thats three times the extraction of my current.... and if that doesnt cut the mustard as it were, then I can just go nuclear with an 8'' inline.

flexi vent slows the airflow down. Longer runs are far better using soil pipes
Is 2.5m considered long? Ideally I want to try and fix this with the least amount of ceiling coming down as possible.

are some types of flexi better than others? all the inline ones i've got in the loft dont use the aluminium stuff, but they're like a white material instead.

flexi vent slows the airflow down. Longer runs are far better using soil pipes

Yes if not straight eg not supported so duct rises and falls

Not really on average most are 1.5-2.5m on average

Best is solid and sloped to the grill

Can you push a length of 4” soil pipe in from outside, where your current grill is?
Then connect up a centrifugal fan to that, this would not entail pulling any ceiling down and may be enough to solve the problem.

Can you push a length of 4” soil pipe in from outside, where your current grill is?
Then connect up a centrifugal fan to that, this would not entail pulling any ceiling down and may be enough to solve the problem.

That is my hope yes. It's an odd layout though this house, it was a bungalow at one point and when extra floors were added they retained the original bungalow ceiling, meaning all the cavities between the ground and first floor.... are not run of the mill haha. I recall it being multi cavitied and all sorts of weird stuff in there.

So I think im gonna try the centrifugal first as phase 1. If not good enough, try change the ducting to solid. If still too wet, then keep the solid ducting and go for an inline one.

Maybe a silly question - but can you run a fan with wider ducting than recommended? I can see how running smaller would cause too much back-pressure. But if I bought a 4'' centrifugal, then one of those 4'' to 6'' converter pieces for the ducting, then ran 6'' ducting..... that would be fine?

Asking because I guess then if I DO swap to an inline in future, a 6'' one would be heaps more powerful.... so seems a better strategy overall.

Yes will be better as there’s less resistance

Reply to Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
I currently rent a flat but the bathroom does not have a window. Weirdly last year we had no issues but this year we have noticed mould spores on...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've got a recurring really bad/strong smell coming exclusively from the 1st floor Master Bathroom and En-suite (Ground floor and top...
Replies
Views
En-suite shower room refurb needed in Twyford RG10, Berkshire before end January (overall dimensions: 335 x 157cm) ———————————— • Remove...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock