Discuss Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

That would give you an air change in roughly 10-12 minutes

Inline ones are always best

i know, it's just that where the inline one would go, would not be accessible with it being a ground floor bathroom. So not sure I can be arsed with the faff of cutting a hole in the ceiling everytime it needs to come down.

I suppose an alternative would be to do a sort of loft hatch instead..... But even then the rate of extraction isn't heaps beyond 220 M3 per hour.

Not sure it's worth it. as a first port of call anyway!

i know, it's just that where the inline one would go, would not be accessible with it being a ground floor bathroom. So not sure I can be arsed with the faff of cutting a hole in the ceiling everytime it needs to come down.

I suppose an alternative would be to do a sort of loft hatch instead..... But even then the rate of extraction isn't heaps beyond 220 M3 per hour.

just get the installer back to relocate the fan to above the shower and use the existing ducting!

I would move the fan so it’s over the shower 😁
haha, I know, me too... but I dont think it's an option. Let me do another diagram.

Black lines are the joists,
Blue is proposed position of fan over shower and ducting from shower to external
green is soil pipe that cant be moved because of an RSJ.
red is current extractor and current ducting

extractor_over_shower.jpg

Last edited:
haha, I know, me too... but I dont think it's an option. Let me do another diagram.

Black lines are the joists,
Blue is proposed position of fan over shower and ducting from shower to external
green is soil pipe that cant be moved because of an RSJ.
red is current extractor and current ducting

How could he get the current ducting from where it is to the shower if the joists run front to back?

I thought you said the red lines were marking where the vent runs ????????

810m3/h

You were reading the lps movement :)

Reply to Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
I currently rent a flat but the bathroom does not have a window. Weirdly last year we had no issues but this year we have noticed mould spores on...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've got a recurring really bad/strong smell coming exclusively from the 1st floor Master Bathroom and En-suite (Ground floor and top...
Replies
Views
En-suite shower room refurb needed in Twyford RG10, Berkshire before end January (overall dimensions: 335 x 157cm) ———————————— • Remove...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock