Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Condensate trap Baxi 105HE in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Foursail

Foursail New Member

Hi Baxi 105HE stopped working today got fault indicator on front panel flame failure/blocked condensate pipe. I disconnected the white wire on top of the condensate trap and boiler works fine. Trap looks full of muck. Question is can I take this trap off and clean it out myself and would this fix the problem? Thanks

2. Scott_1979

Scott_1979 GSR

Yes you can take the trap out and clean it. Will it fix the issue, only one way to find out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Foursail

Foursail New Member

Hah yeah worth a go. Do I have to refill the trap when I refit? Just put some water in or fill it

4. firemant

firemant Plumber GSR

Was there water present on the top of the trap?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Foursail

Foursail New Member

No the top is completely dry. One side of the trap is thick with crud the other which leads to the pipe that drains outside is clear.

6. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Sorry but the condensate trap is actually part of the flue system. Therefore GSR engineers only

• Like Like x 2
  7. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I wouldn’t want to disconnect this unless you knew it was put back properly.

8. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

The crud doesn't form in the trap it forms elsewhere.

You have to find the source of the crud - could get involved particularly if you don't know where to look or what to look for.

9. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Also. Blocked condensate fault codes tend to be fairly ambiguous. These codes can point to quite a few different faults, almost all of which would require an experienced GSR boiler engineer.

10. Foursail

Foursail New Member

Thanks for the reply people I'll have to run it with the wire off until I can afford a gas man to look at it cheers

11. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I wouldn’t do that. The wire is designed to be connected otherwise it wouldn’t be on the trap.

• Like Like x 1