Discuss Compact Method of Bath & Sink Waste into Soil pipe...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmmadman

Hi all..........

What's the best compact (as in space saving) method of taking bath (40mm) sink (32mm) wastes into a soil pipe under my bathroom floor....?

Many thanks, cheers...............:)

If it is an internal soil you cound use a waste manifold ig going out a wall just use clamp on bosses

Hi all..........

What's the best compact (as in space saving) method of taking bath (40mm) sink (32mm) wastes into a soil pipe under my bathroom floor....?

Many thanks, cheers...............:)

the best way is to use a seperate strap on boss for each, but access and clearances can be tricky if they are both to be under the floor, so the compromise is 1 boss with bath and whb connected into it via a T piece, BUT as it is a compromise you will need anti vac traps, or a hep2o in line non-return thingy (eh 32 yrs in the trade not wasted on me, i know all the jargon)
years ago when we were doing all the council refurbs we ripped out the old suite which was done properly with 2 seperate wastes into the stack, with whb one 600-700mm off the floor , and fitted pedestals instead of the legs and bearers (hands up if you remember them) the only way we could do it was to fit a 38x38x32 tee in the bath waste inside the line of the ped, use a straight thro ped trap and drop the 32 into it, another BUT, we didnt use anti vac traps and you got gurgling etc when you filled the whb and pulled the plug,

the best way is to use a seperate strap on boss for each, but access and clearances can be tricky if they are both to be under the floor, so the compromise is 1 boss with bath and whb connected into it via a T piece, BUT as it is a compromise you will need anti vac traps, or a hep2o in line non-return thingy (eh 32 yrs in the trade not wasted on me, i know all the jargon),QUOTE]

Many thanks for the info, is it best to connect the 32mm waste into the 40mm waste as near to the stack as possible aswell as using the anti vac traps.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compact Method of Bath & Sink Waste into Soil pipe...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock