Discuss commercial plumbing regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas donovan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
are there any specific regulations regarding tmv installations on shower installs that i should be aware of, by my reckoning i could just put one tmv on hot outlet therefore controlling the temps on all showers.
my questionis does every outlet need its own individual tmv?

You need to have a read of http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/l8.pdf

This is the approved code of practice for the control of legionella bacteria in water systems.

Incorrect installation of TMVs can lead to serious problems. I closed a sports centre down for 2 days a few years ago because incorrect TMV installation had led to the cold water storage tank heating to 37C, the ideal breeding temp for legionella bacteria.

"Thermostatic mixing valves (TMVs) should be sited as close as possible to the point of use. Ideally, a single TMV should not serve multiple tap outlets but, if they are used, the mixed water pipework should be kept as short as possible. Where a single TMV serves multiple shower heads, it is important to ensure that these showers are flushed frequently"

from the link above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commercial plumbing regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All of my London house plumbing is being redone, with a heatpump heating a DHW tank, and a hot water recirculation system. With the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
I’m after some advice. I’ve inherited my parents house. In the process of doing it up. My dad got a Mira combiflow installed about 15 years ago...
Replies
Views
T
I am fitting a 80 lt back up emersion, flat tank it's back up while I interview the existing gas boiler, mechanically not gas wise. I only have 14...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock