Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Combi boiler stat not turning off heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If the stat is not shutting off a combi boiler (analogue stat Honeywell) even though the stat is clicking when turned up above the room temperature. What are the likely causes. Unless it's never been wired right from the start up. Thanks.

I just wondered if the stat can still be the fault if it is clicking when turned above and below room temperature? This is the stat?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-11-19-33-03-949_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-11-19-33-03-949_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 7
I could be stuck but haven’t seen many esp the 6360s need to test

Just going to download the instructions. But to test would I be looking to see if I get 240v between live and switch live?
No mate, testing that you’ll probably get 120vac.

Test Neutral to live in (should be terminal 1) - 240vac
Test Neutral to Switch live - on demand - 240vac
Test Neutral to switch live - on satisfied (or stat at lowest) - should be 0 Vac

If you test between live and switch live with the stat contacts closed, you would get a reading of 0 volts as there's no difference in potential between the two. As above you need to test between live and neutral and switch live and neutral.

Does testing neutral to switch live on demand with a reading of 240ac show that switch live is sending power to the boiler. Making a circuit when there is a call for heat?

Test terminal 3 to earth or neutral with stat off should be no voltage

If there is 240v check 1 if that’s got 240v aswell stats dead

Test terminal 3 to earth or neutral with stat off should be no voltage

If there is 240v check 1 if that’s got 240v aswell stats dead
To to check I'm on the right track. Testing 3 (switched) to earth or neutral with the stat off. A reading of 0v. Shows that no volts are passing though the circuit i.e no call for heat at the boiler?

Correct but I have seen them wired backwards eg 3 live 1 switch

Yes they can stick eg on all the time

Reply to Combi boiler stat not turning off heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock