Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler Size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

th3pony

Hi I'm doing up my house and I'm looking for a combi boiler, the space i want it to go in will only allow for a boiler 630mm in height if this is possible. Also I would like to know, do I need to leave 200mm clearance top and bottom. Thank you.

find one online or at merchants and follow mfis when your installer fits it re clearances. do not try to fit in to smaller place as your installer/service engineer needs to be able to access pipework etc

i have been looking but i'm struggling to find one at 630mm or smaller

yes that could be a possibility. Is it essential to leave 200mm at the bottom of the boiler, the kitchen worktop will be above it ?

your aiming to put a wall mounted boiler under the worktop! have a thought for anyone trying to work on it later, fraid I wouldnt its bad enough when I have to stand

No sorry the worktop is below the boiler think that came out wrong, what i meant to ask, do i need a 200mm gap between the bottom of the boiler and the worktop

its what the manufacturer says and common sense as well, remember someone has to work on the boiler annually, if youve no space then its hard and you bill will increase due to time taken etc

ok thanks, i have found one to fit on ebay its a lambourghini condensing combi, you know much about these ?

its italian, like the cars and they break down all the time so Id expect the same.

It is a rebadged ferroli i think and is possibly one of the worst boilers ever made.....

Look at ideal logic or if really desperate a 28i junior

one of the smallest is the Vokera vision with direct rear flue option but think this is 700mm and yes you do need to leave the required distance stated by the manafactuers

What about the Ideal Imini? I'v fitted these in a kitchen cupboard before & they are a very good boiler

have just discovered rear flue boilers online which now gives me a bit of extra space as i will not lose space at the top for the flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler Size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach OVER 2.5bar also whilst running CH. Is this more than likely a flat Expansion Vessel that needs inflating or could there be other possible causes if...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which might eliminate mistakes. It'd also help me to build a portfolio before getting a job in trade. The house is old built and the rad goes into the kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock