Discuss Combi boiler for a 4 bathroom house - Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
please explain where you are going to get 45L for the hot water and as much for the cold water supply ?

Until I get tests done Tuesday regarding the incoming water pressure and flow rate I cant answer that, but as mentioned the water pressure coming in is so powerful (have to turn stop tap down or it blasts out) that I believe I have a good supply, no idea how many litres a minute that will turn out to be, be interesting on Tuesday when I find out, if its 20 or something then I need to find a solution.

Quite new to this area, but seems to me if I have an excellent supply coming in and I restrict that supply by putting in a boiler system that can only heat water and realease at 11 - 20 litres a minute (not the capability of the ACV with capacity of 46L utilising the water from the water already stored and heated), I have little chance of more than 2 showers working adequately at the same time.

If it means two systems, a great combi with hot water supply storage facility (meaning less instant heating time) or an unvented system with a pretty good boiler and rapid recovery heat system of some nature, i dont mind.

All I know at minute is conventional system is not working even though mains water pressure great, got water tanks all over the place taking up space and stopping me doing a loft conversion.

The ACV unit mentioned is being fitted in domestic applications (video on U Tube) so would presume even if 46l is slight overkill, better to have a system in place that has more capacity not less. Gas inlet connection required seems to be 3/4 for the device which (not an expert, but think is standard domestic supply size).

Truth is I think the ACV having looked at all advice, as nice as it may be, is probably overkill and too expensive for what I need. Non the less, I need solutions that will run at least 3 showers and a basin simultaneously and am researching those.

Any advice along meeting the solution (as not a plumber) welcome.

Remember the T.S.S. croppie suggests is 300 kilo's fully loaded.Check the load in your loft eaves etc.

Hi Timmyjane - your enquiry is a good one and driven by the need for space

Combis save householders loads of space esp in lofts - however
1. Combis only suit flats and small homes - 1x bog 3 beds
2. They go wrong
3. Are recommended by numpties who cannot design and fit a proper system
4. There should be a thread about this as we get many questions exactly like this
the answer is all the same

Do report back about what you have chosen to do as this forum thrives on question &
answer Centralheatking
Problem. I want to convert my loft, huge cold water tank in loft and hot tank where I need to put stairs. I need 4 showers. Good water pressure to the house but not tested, comes out so forcefully in kitchen that the stop tap needed turning down a lot.

Current system not good enough for 2 showers.

A combi system I have seen seems to give a flow rate of 45 litres a minute at 60C, the ACV Heatmaster 85 Combi condensing boiler, it could go in a downstairs cupboard.

Anyone have this system in, or knows how much it is.

Are there any alternatives more widely available (worried about servicing), looked at Glow worm ultra power 100/170 sx, has a good flow rate of 36 litres a minute but at 35C, is there anything else out there, think the ACV may be very costly.

Advice very appreciated.

Remember the T.S.S. croppie suggests is 300 kilo's fully loaded.Check the load in your loft eaves etc.

Already have large cold water tank up there, but dont know if loads are different in other parts of the loft.

Am interested in getting other quotes from appropriately registered members. In terms of quotes, for kind of installation I have in mind (wishing to meet building regs etc with anything I do) what registration would you advise I look for.

Wont just be the boiler change, but removing old system, rerouting pipework where necessary. Putting two toilets in connecting to close by 1ft away soil pipe (no connection currently in). At least one shower with no current connection in place nor water supply to room. Another shower where I may (depending on where stairs end up) be able to connect to current supply feeding the existing sink. Maybe a few extras.

Another question: -

Cost of decent cylinder (in loft) and decent boiler possibly ground floor probably will be around the 1.8k+ mark with installation cost additional.

Providing ACV 85tc could be connected to standard domestic supply for gas and water (enquiring with ACV re regs) with it being one compact unit would installation and connections be easier from plumbers point of view (and therefore install cost) likely to be far less? Would go in a place that adjoins outside wall for outlet for any necessary flues.

Still got some reseach to do on this one, if on ground floor would reaching the loft with water supply hinder performance, read a few things about not being able to put pumps on pressured unvented systems?

Thanks

Right in Rays back yard ! CHK
Sorry just getting used to terminology and heating/water systems and online forums, what do you mean RM.

Im in Bosham on South Coast between Havant and Chi, PO18

Combi in this set up no way - but hey sorry Francy its you 1st post please introduce yourself and join our society please - you are really welcome . We are kittens really but watch out for CRoppie - he is industrial - thats what his MRs told me ! CHK

Not if the right combi is installed the right way[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Give ACV a call, get rep to come and see you also get ideal or oso to give suggestions once ACV have given design. The 85 tc will do fine on 20mbar. Will possibly need upgrade on size if meter is a way off?

Your project is way beyond any cowboy outfit, and might defeat some one only set ups.

As you are 5 hours South of us I would contact Ray Stafford about who could handle this
contract that comes into his shops CHK
Already have large cold water tank up there, but dont know if loads are different in other parts of the loft.

Am interested in getting other quotes from appropriately registered members. In terms of quotes, for kind of installation I have in mind (wishing to meet building regs etc with anything I do) what registration would you advise I look for.

Wont just be the boiler change, but removing old system, rerouting pipework where necessary. Putting two toilets in connecting to close by 1ft away soil pipe (no connection currently in). At least one shower with no current connection in place nor water supply to room. Another shower where I may (depending on where stairs end up) be able to connect to current supply feeding the existing sink. Maybe a few extras.

Another question: -

Cost of decent cylinder (in loft) and decent boiler possibly ground floor probably will be around the 1.8k+ mark with installation cost additional.

Providing ACV 85tc could be connected to standard domestic supply for gas and water (enquiring with ACV re regs) with it being one compact unit would installation and connections be easier from plumbers point of view (and therefore install cost) likely to be far less? Would go in a place that adjoins outside wall for outlet for any necessary flues.

Still got some reseach to do on this one, if on ground floor would reaching the loft with water supply hinder performance, read a few things about not being able to put pumps on pressured unvented systems?

Thanks

Timmyjane (Miss?)

As CHK inferred this is an interesting project and one you really, really need a good guy to do. Get a few quotes and come back to us with the proposals being made, we can give you our views bearing in mind we haven't had eyes on the job.

you couldn't do any worse than posting a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler for a 4 bathroom house - Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back