Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cold rads but water tank hot - Possible causes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hoppyfrog

Glowworm Micron 80FF boiler, boiler fires up (for very short periods, a few seconds) but does not heat the radiators but it heats the hot water tank. What could the possible problem be?

Thanks

Could be several things:

Programmer/Timer
Room thermostat
Motorized valve

It's a case of checking each one.

Do you have a multimeter (and know how to use it)?

Could be several things:

Programmer/Timer
Room thermostat
Motorized valve

It's a case of checking each one.

Do you have a multimeter (and know how to use it)?

I dont have a multimeter but I can get one and figure out how to use it. So I need to check the three things you've listed to see if they're dead? I've currently got a guy on site doing a powerflush so I can use him to help me figure things out, he doesnt troubleshoot boilers but he's been helpful.

I dont have a multimeter but I can get one and figure out how to use it. So I need to check the three things you've listed to see if they're dead? I've currently got a guy on site doing a powerflush so I can use him to help me figure things out, he doesnt troubleshoot boilers but he's been helpful.
Be very careful. You will be measuring AC voltages - about 240Vac - which can give you a nasty shock.

All the components hopefully wire into a single junction box, aka wiring centre.

If you tell me how many motorized valves you have, and which type, I can give you more instructions.

3 port valve.jpg2 port valve.jpg

we should not encourage any incompetent person to cary on work with electrics or gas !!!!

OP pleas call a local heating engineer to sort out your problem

we should not encourage any incompetent person to cary on work with electrics or gas !!!!

OP pleas call a local heating engineer to sort out your problem

I'm not incompetent Mr safegasinstall !

Anyway, I had a powerflush done today, and afterwards the system started working again. V strange.

I'm not incompetent Mr safegasinstall !

Anyway, I had a powerflush done today, and afterwards the system started working again. V strange.

Not incompetent? And yet you will have to figure out how to use a multimeter....

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck........

Thread closed.

And doitmyself. Check the OP's competence before offering advice in future or you and I will fall out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold rads but water tank hot - Possible causes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock