Discuss Cleaning boiler heat exchanger - a handy hint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian B

I have a good set of brushes and cleaning tools for boiler heat exchangers but recently came across one where none was small enough to get into the space.

To the rescue, a 5mm cable tie. The serrations help to get deposit off the fins, and the plastic is too soft to damage anything.

Job done.

Cheers for that, I have a large selection of "tools" for this but had not thought of cable ties. My wife does get a bit worried when I find something in "Poundland" or similar that would be just the thing for those tricky exchangers.

Perfect !

Junior hacksaw balade with one of the nibbly bits cut off and a few wraps of insulating tape on the other end to act as a handle...Slips lovely up a suprimas crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cleaning boiler heat exchanger - a handy hint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock