Discuss Cleaning boiler heat exchanger - a handy hint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian B

I have a good set of brushes and cleaning tools for boiler heat exchangers but recently came across one where none was small enough to get into the space.

To the rescue, a 5mm cable tie. The serrations help to get deposit off the fins, and the plastic is too soft to damage anything.

Job done.

Cheers for that, I have a large selection of "tools" for this but had not thought of cable ties. My wife does get a bit worried when I find something in "Poundland" or similar that would be just the thing for those tricky exchangers.

Perfect !

Junior hacksaw balade with one of the nibbly bits cut off and a few wraps of insulating tape on the other end to act as a handle...Slips lovely up a suprimas crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cleaning boiler heat exchanger - a handy hint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
we had a grant condensing boiler fitted last year, the lad works for a heating company and said would fit it. when he did he put the pipes all...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is currently heated via FHW via an oil-fired boiler. Hot water is also provided by the boiler (via a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have the above mentioned boiler linked to a Nest Thermostat. The problem I have is when the boiler is set to No.5 which heats the water...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice, I've got a combi boiler (Getting pretty old now I think its around 12+ years old) currently...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock