Discuss Choosing a 500m or 600m back to wall unit and wc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loziv

Hi

I am planning on replacing the existing toilet shown below and have to try and sort by the end of this week so please help a damsel in distress (I am trying to get a good job done so looking to read up a bit about the process and whats good quality parts / wc / cisterns etc)

phototoilet copy.jpg

with a new back to wall unit and wc such as 600mm back to wall wc unit (including worktop) | Roper Rhodes

Would I be better going for a 500m or 600m unit? As what I am trying to do is conceal the soil pipe with a modern unit that would fit into the alcove. With the cold feed on the right hand side I am happy for this to be not covered as it will be easier to access it if I needed to turn off the water etc.

Also with regard to fitting my plumber mentioned a concertina fitting to connect to the soil pipe, is this ok or should I ask for a better solution?

Many Thanks

Lauren

Hi loziv,
You have planned right to replace this toilet because its quite old fashion. You must opt for a good and latest toilet and must enquiure about the dimensions according to your bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
several options available you

1.back to wall wc with wall built to full height of room using a geberit up200 cistern with a nice recess with light above flush plate. check out buy a parcel.com for cistern cheapest i know of.
2 if soil pipe hidden in boxing is just a vent you could build units right across wall cut vent pipe below worktop height and fit a air admittance valve. cut vent pipe flush with ceiling replace bird cage for a mushroom cowel on outside and fit a extractor in room icon extractors look great. "you would need advice by plumber to see if this way is feasible.
3 do any of above but tile instead of using units small recesses with light could cost a lot less than buying expensive bathroom units. will post some pics when i get chance
hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Choosing a 500m or 600m back to wall unit and wc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock