Discuss Choosing a 500m or 600m back to wall unit and wc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loziv

Hi

I am planning on replacing the existing toilet shown below and have to try and sort by the end of this week so please help a damsel in distress (I am trying to get a good job done so looking to read up a bit about the process and whats good quality parts / wc / cisterns etc)

phototoilet copy.jpg

with a new back to wall unit and wc such as 600mm back to wall wc unit (including worktop) | Roper Rhodes

Would I be better going for a 500m or 600m unit? As what I am trying to do is conceal the soil pipe with a modern unit that would fit into the alcove. With the cold feed on the right hand side I am happy for this to be not covered as it will be easier to access it if I needed to turn off the water etc.

Also with regard to fitting my plumber mentioned a concertina fitting to connect to the soil pipe, is this ok or should I ask for a better solution?

Many Thanks

Lauren

id get the waste connected properly and a boxing round that water pipe to bring the gap down to an exact fit

Hi loziv,
You have planned right to replace this toilet because its quite old fashion. You must opt for a good and latest toilet and must enquiure about the dimensions according to your bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
several options available you

1.back to wall wc with wall built to full height of room using a geberit up200 cistern with a nice recess with light above flush plate. check out buy a parcel.com for cistern cheapest i know of.
2 if soil pipe hidden in boxing is just a vent you could build units right across wall cut vent pipe below worktop height and fit a air admittance valve. cut vent pipe flush with ceiling replace bird cage for a mushroom cowel on outside and fit a extractor in room icon extractors look great. "you would need advice by plumber to see if this way is feasible.
3 do any of above but tile instead of using units small recesses with light could cost a lot less than buying expensive bathroom units. will post some pics when i get chance
hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Choosing a 500m or 600m back to wall unit and wc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’d like to replace the toilet in my house with a back to wall one. The plan is to build a panel on stud work to conceal the cistern and then use...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to pull out a drawer base unit from my bathroom, not fitted by me. I have removed most screws but I am faced with one of these in each...
Replies
Views
Hi An idiot Bathroom fitter has cut down a soil pipe and fitted an AAV valve, then placed a built in bathroom cabinet with the soil pipe in the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, The issue that I am having is I am building a new house and the plumbers are absolutely hopeless. Being an industrial plumber and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock