Discuss Changing mixer - hard to get to in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

I need to change a mixer tap on a basin. The sink is inset into a vanity unit and the nuts are a nightmare to reach so much so I can only just touch them and cant even see them.

The unit that the basin is on is siliconed to the wall and in an ideal world I would like to change the mixer in situ.

Any idea's apart from working with a mirror and stretching my arms tonight?

I have also never used a box spanner and only a wrench so just wanted to know if 27/32mm is standard on most mixers/taps?

Cheers

You need a box spanner set. Should get just about all mixers.

Make sure the set you get has a 10mm box spanner as a lot of the continental tap makers ones use 10mm nuts whereas some of the monobloc tap wrench sets (including the Rothenberger ones) don't include a 10mm wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing mixer - hard to get to in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi, I am trying to get into a tap to change a washer but havent a clue as to how to do it. The tap is unlike anything I've ever come across. It's...
Replies
Views
L
We are renovating our upstairs bathrooms and there is an issue with shutting off the new mixer fittings - all six of them. The matter is holding...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that...
Replies
Views
Don't laugh... (too much) We have a white mixer tap (20yrs old now) it needs replacing and I bought a very similar one yesterday.. it came with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the...
Replies
Views
Back