Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Changing Immersion Heater On Gledhill Pulsacoil 2000 ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone changed an immersion heater on a Gledhill Pulsacoil 2000 ? It's a thermal store unit with an unvented tank on the top.

I've been asked to replced the bottom immersion heater which is leaking through the thermostat housing which has corroded (a common fault apparently).

Apart from turning the mains water and electric supply to the unit off and then draining down the cylinder, is there anything else to be done on this unit prior to removing the immersion ?

Thank you

i assume this is a heat store cylinder so youll be draining the heating remember to fill with inhibitor you only need to tie the ballvalve up to drain it quick tip i use the elastic hook strap to hold the hose together and use same to hold ballvalve up usually wrapped around a pipe

Last edited:
i assume this is a heat store cylinder so youll be draining the heating remember to fill with inhibitor you only need to tie the ballvalve up to drain it quick tip i use the elastic hook strap to hold the hose together and use same to hold ballvalve up usually wrapped around a pipe

Thanks for the response stevetheplumber.

The Pulsacoil 2000 is a hot water only thermal heat store with a cold feed tank that has to be filled by hand and doesn't have a ball valve.

Try the manufacturers website for installation and servicing manuals. If this indeed is a common fault, it should be listed there.

Thanks for the response stevetheplumber.

The Pulsacoil 2000 is a hot water only thermal heat store with a cold feed tank that has to be filled by hand and doesn't have a ball valve.
thats probably because the original installer didnt price for one or was just lazy i assume it has no overflow either then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing Immersion Heater On Gledhill Pulsacoil 2000 ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello folks, I am hoping to get some advice, please, on whether or not to change my hot water cylinder. I recently moved house and the heating...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I am at my wit’s end with this problem which seems to have stumped all the plumbers in my local area and would appreciate any advice. I...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar...
Replies
Views
Hi We recently had a horizontal cylinder installed with a main hot water supply from a gas boiler. The immersion heater was hooked up to a solar...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock