Currently reading:
CH drain down micro bore

Discuss CH drain down micro bore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crafty

hi all i've got to drain a CH system in a large house (12 rads) and replace all the TRV's. replace a small bit of damaged micro bore amd the recommission system.

just a couple of questions

1 being micro bore will all the rads be sepratly feed from a manifold? this is the case in the only other micro bore CH drain down i did. if so is there likely to be 2 manifolds (one upstairs and one down)?

2 how would i go about flushing the system? is there a specilest bit of kit for flushing? could i hire it. or is it just filling it back up with a cleaning agent in and draining again?

3 a bit more involved sorry, the system is run off a gas (lpg) rayburn and boiler combination(don't worry i won't be tuching either). it was all installed about 12yrs ago, how are these two heating appliances likely to be linked in terms of the CH. the customer ( a good friend) says they both supply heat to the CH system rads. i've not looked at the system yet so i'm not sure.

thanks, hope you all had a great crimbo

sam

Last edited by a moderator:
hi sam
all the radiators should be linked independently to manifold.
flushing is the same only easier with the manifold system, just turn off all rads, and leave only one at a time flushing.
as for the double boiler primaries, id imagine they are linked via zone valves - but could be any number of ways !

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH drain down micro bore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back