Discuss CH drain down micro bore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crafty

hi all i've got to drain a CH system in a large house (12 rads) and replace all the TRV's. replace a small bit of damaged micro bore amd the recommission system.

just a couple of questions

1 being micro bore will all the rads be sepratly feed from a manifold? this is the case in the only other micro bore CH drain down i did. if so is there likely to be 2 manifolds (one upstairs and one down)?

2 how would i go about flushing the system? is there a specilest bit of kit for flushing? could i hire it. or is it just filling it back up with a cleaning agent in and draining again?

3 a bit more involved sorry, the system is run off a gas (lpg) rayburn and boiler combination(don't worry i won't be tuching either). it was all installed about 12yrs ago, how are these two heating appliances likely to be linked in terms of the CH. the customer ( a good friend) says they both supply heat to the CH system rads. i've not looked at the system yet so i'm not sure.

thanks, hope you all had a great crimbo

sam

Last edited by a moderator:
hi sam
all the radiators should be linked independently to manifold.
flushing is the same only easier with the manifold system, just turn off all rads, and leave only one at a time flushing.
as for the double boiler primaries, id imagine they are linked via zone valves - but could be any number of ways !

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH drain down micro bore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock