Discuss Ceramic tap glands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
For anyone that often gets asked to repair taps, I notice Screwfix are now doing ceramic tap glands in pairs for only £4.99.
Flowmasta brand, which I have no idea how good, but I do know the B&Q ones are fine & these maybe are same. They are in 8 or 9 or 10.5 mm spindles. Plus they do a standard pair of washered glands for same money. I know they won't do every tap out there, but they'll do a lot of them. £15 will have you 3 different pairs of ceramic glands in your van as spares.
Ceramic Tap Works - Search Results | NoLinkingToThis

Very cheap! Only problem is not all have that number of teeth, some more some less.

Very cheap! Only problem is not all have that number of teeth, some more some less.

Yes, but you will get a few that they are correct type & will save you a fortune in fuel, time & bother looking for any. Great to be able to try the tap head on ceramic glands you have with you

Yes, but you will get a few that they are correct type & will save you a fortune in fuel, time & bother looking for any. Great to be able to try the tap head on ceramic glands you have with you

Your right with that, took me 2 attempts on the last ones I swapped out! Now have a collection ready for the next replacements.

Your right with that, took me 2 attempts on the last ones I swapped out! Now have a collection ready for the next replacements.

I also keep a few in a sectioned box. Problem is I open them out of packets to try them on tap heads and then put them back all mixed up! Wise to keep each pair in labelled bags.

I also keep a few in a sectioned box. Problem is I open them out of packets to try them on tap heads and then put them back all mixed up! Wise to keep each pair in labelled bags.

Yeah got all mine in a bubble wrap bag, not the best idea but needs must!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ceramic tap glands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have quarter turn taps in my downstairs bathroom, the sink taps were getting a bit stiff so I replaced the insides with Flomasta 1/2" BSP...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
Hi All I need to replace a leaking tap (separate, not a monobloc). I notice screw fix do 3 sizes, 8mm, 9mm and 10.5mm, is this just the diameter...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock