Discuss Central heating pump sizing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Installing a bigger pump is not the answer. I would be looking for this restriction you mention.
Don’t know how, obviously everything is under floorboards or in walls........I would love to tear up all the floorboards and demolish a few cavity walls and re pipe....but that’s out of the question, especially being a 24/7 carer for my disabled Wife, such disruption is not acceptable. I know it’s not ideal, but could a higher output pump resolve the problem ?

A higher output pump is going to cause more issues at the boiler. @ShaunCorbs what about CCT'S at the boiler?
What are CCTs ?

saw this chart for adjusting burner anti cycle time, can’t understand how the chart works....though that it was a simple matter of entering a value in minutes 🤯

Attachments

• B05A5DD7-A198-47E5-930E-1DD9EE7FED66.png
    B05A5DD7-A198-47E5-930E-1DD9EE7FED66.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 13
A higher output pump is going to cause more issues at the boiler. @ShaunCorbs what about CCT'S at the boiler?

I wouldn’t say you need a bigger pump it’s only going to cause more problems

What are CCTs ?

saw this chart for adjusting burner anti cycle time, can’t understand how the chart works....though that it was a simple matter of entering a value in minutes 🤯

close coupled tees allows you to fit a bigger pump

CCT's (close coupled tee's) as Shaun says will separate the system hydronically. This will allow another pump to be installed and different flow rates in each part of the system while maintaining the right flow through the boiler.
Can I assume if you're experiencing flow problems then some if not all radiators are struggling to heat while the boiler is running?

CCT's (close coupled tee's) as Shaun says will separate the system hydronically. This will allow another pump to be installed and different flow rates in each part of the system while maintaining the right flow through the boiler.
Can I assume if you're experiencing flow problems then some if not all radiators are struggling to heat while the boiler is running?
None of the radiators struggle to get hot.....they all struggle when the boiler is cycling 5.3 to 5.4.....once it settles down, everything is really hot.......found a pump on eBay where the wattage is 93W on high compared to 65W on my present one, does that imply it’s more powerful or just uses more power to do the same thing ? don’t want to modify the system.......I assume the 30oC Delta T setting can’t be changed, also not sure why it’s there, efficiency or boiler protection thanks

Attachments

• 35480312-EE88-44E8-B627-27814FD7D540.jpeg
    35480312-EE88-44E8-B627-27814FD7D540.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10
That wattage will be its power consumption, which obviously increases with a more powerful pump and the higher the setting. With 22mm primaries and a larger pump I imagine more problems with boiler delta t.

Reply to Central heating pump sizing in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock