Discuss Cavity wall and wall hung unit...is it possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kasjk

Hi all,

I am having my bathroom done in a few months time but I've been told I can't have the wall hung unit I want because it needs to go on a cavity wall. This has come from the bathroom fitter himself, but I've spoken to other people who say there are ways around everything and it can be done. The unit is 60cm wide and 35cm deep. Not sure what the weight is.

Can it be done? And if it can be done what is the correct way of getting around the issue?

hi kasjk welcome to the forums. yes it can be done easily, the wall needs opening up and wooden noggins inserting for the cabinet to be screwed to.

Thanks steveb. Sounds pretty straightforward (to a bathroom fitter at least). The wall is insulated with compacted straw, that doesn't propose another problem does it?

Do you mean the wall is made of straw board?

Hi Stani,

No, the walls are plasterboards, the insulation itself is compacted straw.

would it not be better to build a false wall you will only lose max 6-7 inch out of a room

Hi all,

I am having my bathroom done in a few months time but I've been told I can't have the wall hung unit I want because it needs to go on a cavity wall. This has come from the bathroom fitter himself, but I've spoken to other people who say there are ways around everything and it can be done. The unit is 60cm wide and 35cm deep. Not sure what the weight is.

Can it be done? And if it can be done what is the correct way of getting around the issue?

The toilet pan should be bolted to a metal frame, I for one wouldn`t like to sit on it otherwise.

Insulated.
In the late 60s early 70 in some areas of Manchester the built some properties which were made of straw board, I.e. Compressed straw approximately 50mm thick with a cementious covering, this had no strength what so ever for hanging things on, I was simply asking if it could be this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cavity wall and wall hung unit...is it possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is a follow-up to this post: Fit wall-hung toilet to inside stud wall? -...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a...
Replies
Views
Units involved: Gainsborough 10.5SE heater unit with Swirl (Screwfix 278PG) overhead shower kit with diverter. Hi guys. I have a Gainsborough...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock