Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Can't turn off central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. barca

barca New Member

Dear forum
    My problem is I can only turn the central heating off and on by the main switch in the airing cupboard
    The program timer is Siemens RWB29 it all lights up I have just put in a new cell battery
    Or do I need a new HSA2 or could it be the thermostat sitting next to the programmer
    Any help would be good
    Thanks

2. DGT plumbing

DGT plumbing GSR

What is you set up?
    Combi or traditional.

3. barca

barca New Member

Sorry It’s a traditional

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you turn your room stat and cylinder stat down does it go off

5. DGT plumbing

DGT plumbing GSR

Do you have a tree way valve ?

6. DGT plumbing

DGT plumbing GSR

*three

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. barca

barca New Member

No the thermostat doesn’t turn off and it’s a two way valve

8. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Could you post some pics of your system, you would generally have 2 x 2 port valves

9. barca

barca New Member

Sure I will do that in the morning
    I will take a photo of the 2x valves
    Thanks

10. Ian10261

Ian10261 Plumber GSR

More than likely the 2 port is stuck open which means the microswitch inside is making the connection between the grey wire(permanent live) and the orange wire (switched live to the boiler).
    You may get away with taking the actuator head of and moving the valve spindle manually back and forth to free it up but this will more than likely be just a temporary fix. A new valve is the way to go and i would suggest a system flush while your at it, as dirty primary water could well be the cause of the valve sticking open.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. barca

barca New Member

Hope that helps

79E89219-E294-474F-96BF-386977D64DE6.jpeg