Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone tell me what these grips are called or where I can get some? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Susi

Please see the attached picture. Can anyone tell me what they are and where I can get some?

Attachments

• Grips 002.jpg
    Grips 002.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 210
They look like the spring loaded self adjusting grips, think i've got some kicking aroung the shed,

They are spring loaded like mole grips , yes .same as got some somewhere

Those grips were called Robo-Grips and used to be manufactured by a company callled Western forge on behalf of Craftsman tools in the USA and i think Facom used to market them in Europe though i dont Know if they are still available.

I had a pair of those! Robogrips. Great bit of kit lost under a floorboard somewhere in Hampshire.

google search robo grips and you well find them in different sizes single and sets used to come with covers to stop damage to brassware

the jaws on these stay parallel only thing i found they were good for was those sprung jubilee clips on cars and vans

Deffo Robo grips, as soon as I saw the picture I recognised them. My old boss had three different sizes kept in a carry case like a plastic book.

The boy using them on that video is about as clever as the grips. Useless.
The concept is quite good but in reality they are terrible to use.
Here is another load of junk in of the same design
Rothenberger ro-grip self sizing plier 10

These are about the best of the bunch but still take a bit getting used to
[video=youtube;ODpL14WbZqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpL14WbZqM&feature=related[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone tell me what these grips are called or where I can get some? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I've been trying to get hold of one of these for the last week or so for a customer. Almost every supplier that sells them don't have any at the moment. So far I've only come across two that did. One refunded after two days without any explanation. The other I placed an order with I've not had...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Can anyone please tell me where I might purchase a 90° bend 15mm x 22mm Isolating Valve Thanks and Regards. Hugh
Replies
Views
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock