Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Calculations Help Required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StuWalker

Hi Guys

Im sorry to say I have strayed from the flock and have left the great profession of plumbing and am now running a company in the hire industry, its the same $h!t but a without a drain to pump it in to

We have been asked to supply our existing LPG shower blocks for an indoor job in December, which means I have the small problem of heating the water, as we cannot run the gas indoors!

There will be 6 blocks of 4 showers which I want to daisy chain from a direct heating system (plant room) which we will build in a trailer, the trailer will house the cylinders, pumps and expansion vessels. We will then run the circulated hot water to the shower blocks. Each shower runs at either 4 or 6 litres a minute.

The current set up has blending valves off of a gas water heater feeding water to the showers at 37/38 Degrees, and the question I would have is, do we connect 60 degree flow from the cylinders to the current blending valves or do we cut them out of the equation and run a constant 40 from the plant room on a circulating loop?

If we do either way, what size cylinders will we require?
What size pump to ensure there is constant heat at the heads or the blending valves?
Will we need to pressurise the system to ensure there is no loss at the shower heads if they are all used at the same time?

No doubt there will now be an influx of questions which I will answer once I get back from the school run

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Rough guess as I expect the showers will all be in use at once you'd want about 2 l/s from any boost pump set. I'd run full temp HW to the blending valves.
Spirax do a little online calculator to work out hot and cold flow rates for mixing.

Miscellaneous ? Mixing Water Calculator

Size of cylinders will depend on use: what recovery rate do the cylinders have, will the showers be on constantly or is there a peak period and little use outside that?

Andrews water heaters do a programme for selecting HW units which gives you and idea of what rates you might need.

Size-It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calculations Help Required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock