Discuss Building regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flue man

I've priced a new combi boiler , but customer is adamant they can't afford , TRV's and room thermostat , we're do we stand as installers?

You cant force anyone into anything you can only advise I would push for a programable stat though.

williams do a salus for penny's really if the budget is tight

you put on the paperwork that they can't afford them and get them to sign. have they not got a thermostat already? trvs are only a recommendation not a legal requirement as far as i know of course i may be wrong

Salus rt500rf

alright its it's not the best but if it's budget It comes down to its better then nothing

It's law to fit a room stat.
It's law you must recommend TRVs on existing rads, but they don't have to fit them.
On new rads you must fit trvs.

Siemans are about £43+ vat at plumb. No reason not to fit a stat, they'll save that much in gas on their first year.

Yeah but that means using plumbs... So if your clever enough not to have an account with that circus act you'll be looking at £600 for the same stat.

Although the Siemens is a better stat then the salus IMO

The salus is cheaper but didn't want to bring up prices in an open forum

Why would you want to fit a none compliant system, Don't even offer the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
I
I've had my tado system in my new build for 5 years now and it's been fine. Yesterday morning I changed the batteries on the second floor...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock