Search the forum,

Discuss Building regs, regards zoning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

Hi guys, just a quick un. Has the regs changed for zoning of levels? I’m doing some some new builds and the architect has said that all houses regardless of floor area has to be zoned... ie upstairs/ downstairs. Anybody heard this?

Thanks

Yes or anything over 150m2 foot print (open room)

I’m aware of the over 150m2, these houses are poxy 2 up 2 down and about 50m2 footprint

Thanks

Every home must be divided into at least two heating zones, using a thermostat controlling a motorised valve.
If the house is smaller (less than 150m2), then these can be controlled by the same timer.
If the house is larger (more than 150m2), then each zone must be controlled by its own timer.
Every radiator should be fitted with a radiator thermostat, unless it is the reference radiator for a thermostat
(i.e. the radiator where the room thermostat is fitted).

Every home must be divided into at least two heating zones, using a thermostat controlling a motorised valve.
If the house is smaller (less than 150m2), then these can be controlled by the same timer.
If the house is larger (more than 150m2), then each zone must be controlled by its own timer.
Every radiator should be fitted with a radiator thermostat, unless it is the reference radiator for a thermostat
(i.e. the radiator where the room thermostat is fitted).

Yep, thanks Darren. Have you a link to a piece of official data for this please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building regs, regards zoning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock