Search the forum,

Discuss Building Regs Part L in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This covers controls to a heating system doesn't it ? Stats, valves etc ?

thanks

Thanks

A system with no by-pass, all TRV's is not Parl Compliant then ?

No stats in property the same ?

Cheers

boiler got inbuilt bypass? and yes no room stats fail on part l

Nope, non compliant.
I've just been working on one today.

Told customer he should have room stat fitted, answer was, we will only turn it up full anyway and I'm not paying for it.

What can you do ?
I will send him a letter/notice telling him what the rules are but what else is there. .?

All trvs is a fail aswell isn't it 10 per cent required of heating load aswell as boiler bypass

depending on size of system under 15 rads your fine

and just going into it not many these days heat only boilers have pump overrun / can be run without one

and must combis only have a pump over run of a couple of mins no way going to dissipate much heat to a rad

and if all trvs close which is very rare as most ive seen are left on anywhere from 3-5 (setting) you have under floor heating :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building Regs Part L in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock