Discuss Brown push fit bend in upstairs toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Copper Top

I have just had my soil stack altered to accomodate a corner toilet without a flexi. I was very pleased with the finished result: the toilet flushes really well, no up hill pipe, and no worries about flexi in the wall falling to bits in 5 years time. However, 3 plumbers have been round to quote for the bathroom and pointed out that the bend is brown and pushfit at one end and apparently solvent welded at the other end to a grey bend. Could this be a solvent weld compatible pushfit (not sure if there is such a thing)? Could this lead to problems later?

IMAG0604.jpg

My 2nd question relates to the use of jubilee clips instead of proper connectors. Are these more or less reliable than the proper connectors? I have 2 fitted: 1 near top and 1 at the bottom of the soil stack. These will soon be buried in the wall, so I need the most permanent solution possible. Any advise please...?
IMAG0606.jpgIMAG0605.jpg

In my opinion
answer to 1 it is not normaly acceptible to use brown 110mm fittings above ground as they do not have protection against UV light, If its going to be boxed in and no light gets to it then it will probably be OK, also there is no problem gluing grey and brown fittings together as they use the same glue.

answer to question 2 is I personally am not a fan of these type of fittings but that is just an opinion I seem them as just a temporary fix until a proper job can be done I would have used a slip collar and it would have been cheaper

Thanks for that unguided1. It will be boxed in with 12mm ply and tiled over with some kind of access panel.

What does UV do the brown pipes then?

Over the course of a number of years brown pipes will become brittle and fail as they have no protection from Ultra Violet part of the light spectrum

I dont mind Fernco rubber couplers, there has been one fitted outside at my mums for the last 27+years, change it if it really bothers you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brown push fit bend in upstairs toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock