Discuss British Gas, trusted or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

I went to a customers house yesterday who told me that she had been quoted £650 by British Gas in order to rectify her heating issue. She previously had British Gas home care, which covered all aspects of plumbing & heating within her property. You know the one, the unlimited call out, unlimited parts & labour.

So, basically, the engineer came out, saw that when the boiler kicked in the water was expanding/overheating up into the F&E tank causing a bit of a banging noise on the way up. He advised her that all the pipework/radiators were choked and that in order to repair the current problem she requires a powerflush (price above).

There was no circulation correct. On checking the pump (which was not moving) I noticed it was getting 240. Bang, faulty pump. Replaced the pump and all valves which were showing signs of rust/corrosion. Drained the system, added some de-scaler, refilled, drained, inhibited, refilled. Heating has never worked better. Her total cost, £80.

Now, as much as the system will probibly have some corrosion, I am sure she will deffo get another few year without powerflushing. Dont you think that of British Gas not to repair this, knowing it was only the pump, in order to atleast of generated heat into this womans property?? Especially at this time of year.

Whats your views on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont you think that was a bit ****y of British Gas not to repair this, knowing it was only the pump, in order to atleast of generated heat into this womans property?? Especially at this time of year.

Whats your views on that.

Yes..

My view on it..... You did all that for 80 quid?? It must be Christmas!:carolers:

i had a circulator in the van i took from a previous job, some left over descal, and inhib. just to get her goin again! only took about an hour lol. was my neighbour also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas, trusted or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Hi all, We've bought a property that has a Worcester Greenstar 37CDi boiler installed, with an old British Gas RS2 Thermostat linked to it. I'm...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock