Discuss British Gas phone interview in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glasgowplumber

First post on here, don't know if this is the correct place to put the thread or not.

I've got a phone interview with British Gas for Technical Installation Gas Engineer. Anybody had one recently? What sort of stuff do they ask? I've not had a job interview in about 5 or 6 years so i'm not sure what to expect.

Any help appreciated

The answer to all the questions is.......... You need a power flush or we won't fix your boiler.

Phone call is first stage, I think most people get through this, if they are using the same format, then you will have to do a online test, after that attend a induction interview where you have to show your knowledge of systems, it used to take several weeks from the 1st phone call. B4 you here from them

Phone call is first stage, I think most people get through this, if they are using the same format, then you will have to do a online test, after that attend a induction interview where you have to show your knowledge of systems, it used to take several weeks from the 1st phone call. B4 you here from them

Aye everybody I've spoke to says it takes a while. I done an online application along with my CV, the next day they got back and said I had a phone interview. I'd assume there's some sort of gas test thrown in along the lines to double check you're competent as well

This is the image they said they will ask me questions on. Does anyone know what questions they ask at all? Or anything glaringly wrong with this picture? :D

124zjhi.jpg

If they get picky it needs a balancing valve on the hw return and some docs at the lowest points

This is the image they said they will ask me questions on. Does anyone know what questions they ask at all? Or anything glaringly wrong with this picture? :D

View attachment 18849
System pipe work is under negative pressure with neutral point after circulator.
Danger of draw-down on the open vent when circulator starts, depending on the system head.
Auto bypass required before zone valves if boiler has pump overrun fitted.
How are the red & blue pipes connected at the cylinder ?
What are the two things marked with an "M" & what do they do?
Why should the righthand cistern have a higher water level than the one on the left ?
What size pipes should be used & where ?

This is fun we could / have recked BG's entrance exam. Any more anyone can think of?

Last edited:
All answers been said but if being picky the returns could go closer to boiler seperatly b4 teeing in together, oh and it defo needs a powerflush and a magnaclean

All answers been said but if being picky the returns could go closer to boiler seperatly b4 teeing in together, oh and it defo needs a powerflush and a magnaclean

Kris your input was excellent up until you said Magnaclean. BG still on spirotecs

Your spot on ermi my mistake its me who uses magnas , spiros are pure garbage,

I thought they were plans they installed to?
only thing missing is a manga clean on the flow.

Hi glasgowplumber, I hope your phone interview went well. I have one tomorrow and was emailed the same diagram. I've been reading through the replies on to your original post and wondered if you had any advice on it and the other questions. I hate multi choice exams at the best of times and the thought of doing it over the phone with a stranger has started making me anxious. I know I'm capable and have the knowledge stored away somewhere, I just don't want nerves making me overlook the obvious and coming across a dunce :)

Like you, I haven't had an interview for about the same time if not longer and haven't done an exam for nearly 3 years since gas safe, so any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Andy

The glaringly obvious ones are: no supports under cws & fe tanks and cylinder.

No magnetic filter so obvs will need a power flush.

being picky but

no trv's
no drain point

I really love it how everyone slates British Gas. Some of the dodgy workmanship I have seen by independant installers and contractors is disgraceful.

Yeh people love to hate the big boys.

I used to work for them (ESD)
Cant complain - they looked after me, even if they were after engineers who were salesmen lol !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas phone interview in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back