Currently reading:
Brake disc for BMW -X3

Discuss Brake disc for BMW -X3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hello all does anybody know a decent brand and not as expensive for brake discs ?
Just wondering about Otto Zimmerman company but can't find any sort of reviews.

would like to know some good decent but not as expensive brake discs for BMW -x3 2.0d 2006

So Matchless.......you bought a Beamer did you?

Nice cars but I wouldn't want the parts bill, is there any way the discs off a 1985 Fiat Uno would fit as I have a pair in the garage.
You are welcome to them, other than that I cant help.

So Matchless.......you bought a Beamer did you?

Nice cars but I wouldn't want the parts bill, is there any way the discs off a 1985 Fiat Uno would fit as I have a pair in the garage.
You are welcome to them, other than that I cant help.

Not a Beamer ;)

It's for more or less for my fiancée ... I literally have no clue if they would fit ... Just read a lot about this car ... There are very sensitive especially when it comes to tyres wheels.

They require BMW star rated tyres because BMW says when you use a different tyre it may happen that the shaft and axel destroys. It will literally start giving a knocking nice at the rear of the car. I read in a lot of forums that those mechanics in London do not know this sort of issue and trying to solve the problems via changing the transfer box which sits in the middle of the car for the 4x4...

Many ppl complain after changing a lot of things till 3-800£ worth materials it's still not rectified. But once they changed to the tyres and wheels which are required for particular models the knocking and banging noise disappeard.

I just want to change it all so there is less struggle for the future ... Once you have got a " BEAMER " ;)

You will need to look after it

What will a set of these super star rated tyres rob you Matchless? £180 a corner i bet?

I might treat myself to a set of part worn budget remould 155's for £10 each for the winter.

I use euro car parts, put your reg in & find all the suitable brakes & pads... Not worth skimping on brakes lol.

I use euro car parts, put your reg in & find all the suitable brakes & pads... Not worth skimping on brakes lol.

Im going to try out the euro car parts ....

I am not saving money on breaks is like saving on a boiler ;)

What will a set of these super star rated tyres rob you Matchless? £180 a corner i bet?

I might treat myself to a set of part worn budget remould 155's for £10 each for the winter.

Most likely yes around 140-180 ;)

I agree, - try Euro Parts. It is possible to get the genuine German brake discs for BMW, but only branded by the actual German maker.

I fitted after market disks and pads to the c280 and it squealed like a b1tch.....wouldn't do it again.

I fitted after market disks and pads to the c280 and it squealed like a b1tch.....wouldn't do it again.

Had a bad day and forgot the Copper ease grease? lol
I`ve had warped discs before now.

I doubt Mercedes make there own discs or pads all that sorta stuff is made by the big brake type manufactures... Stuck to a decent name & you can't go wrong surely? I got Bosch ones on my van :)

There are not ceramic disks ;) just standard ones ... I just want to have some decent disks for a Beamer haahah....

I have checked euro parts the price were alright not too bad tbh.

Whilst we are at it, does anyone know where I can get some new alloys for my Ferrari F40 or can I use the ones off my Enzo for the time being.

:):):)

Ebc some good OE quality stuff, I've used them on a track day car and they were spot on, cheap to.

Had a bad day and forgot the Copper ease grease? lol
I`ve had warped discs before now.

The carriers on it are a skeleton type so nowhere to dab a bit of copperslip and i think the merc pads come with a silicone pad on the back to compensate and take up slack.

The carriers on it are a skeleton type so nowhere to dab a bit of copperslip and i think the merc pads come with a silicone pad on the back to compensate and take up slack.

It was banter Toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brake disc for BMW -X3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back