Discuss Boilermate BP - How to isolate hot water taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LewT

Hi. Some advice please for a semi competent diy'er! I need to isolate a hot water tap connected to a Boilermate BP. I have read that by simply isolating the cold mains and running the hot tap this will do the trick! I don't want to empty the tank completely so this advice confuses me. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Not too familiar with the boiler mate, but i am sure they are thermal stores, so if you turn your main stop tap off ,
the ho****er flow will stop

Not too familiar with the boiler mate, but i am sure they are thermal stores, so if you turn your main stop tap off ,
the ho****er flow will stop

Many thanks for your advice. Yes you are correct in that it is a thermal store. Was concerned that I would drain the tank completely by running the hot.

Many thanks for your advice. Yes you are correct in that it is a thermal store. Was concerned that I would drain the tank completely by running the hot.

As long as you run the hot tap before lighting the boiler once you've turned the cold main back on you wont have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boilermate BP - How to isolate hot water taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock