Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Toolkit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi fellas, as a beginner on service/ breakdown side of things I am wondering if my toolkit is missing some specilised tools for this kind of work. This is my tool kit at the moment:
Flue brushes 3 sizes, 2 soft brushes
Long reach pozi and flat screwdrivers
Spanner / grips /long nosed (same as what I use on other jobs)
Bahco socket set
tubs/hoses
manometer, flue gas analyser
vessel pump
use my big wetvac for vacuming cr@p inside the boiler
multimeter
silicone lube

So pretty generic, I find alot of the time my tools are too big to get inside the boiler to get on the nuts and bolts, circlips are a big pain in the arse they are really hard for me to take off and put on. I've spoken to few old timers and they suggested getting a flexible socket set adaptor and a universal socket. I was also wondering about ratchet spanners they would seem better and smaller than shoving my adjustable spanner into a worcester junior

Multimeter a good one ?

Don't rely on £10 stuff, not same, need good one, you'll never look back !

contortionist skills, incredibly bendy but strong hands, eyes that see around corners, a mind that can concentrate on all manner of technical issues whilst listening to the customer talk about their nightmare holiday or hammer toe problem, pencil, pen, marker pen, fuses 3 and 5 amp, head torch is good, stress ball, small moveable spanner, tap spanner ( handy in some tight boilers), rags, nitrile gloves, terminal screwdrivers, high temp grease, long nose pliers, calculator,

patience.

Sorry just thinkin out loud

Last edited:
A mag bowl keep all the screws safe

Telescopic dentist mirror type thing from snap on very useful on boilers

Got pretty much everything except the hair dryer lol
Would these be any good as a substitute for the adjustable spanner?
I was trying to get the dhw filter out on baxi duotec the other day hopelessly.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/forge-...es/6830c#product_additional_details_container

Last edited:
Dont know what they are called but the bendy bits of ally covered in plastic are ace , lost mine ages since .
Bend them under a pump when removing and countless other things

dont realy need them, i rarely use my spanners.
i use the hair dryer more for kick starting pcb's and re-flowing solder/or heat gun

If you get water dripped on electrics , hairdryer suddenly becomes what you need. Ive used warm air room heater to dry out inside of boiler before.

I got one of these recently, was changing a graphite seal on a vaillant today an servicing it. Thought I'll use this.

Find them handy to check working pressures on their gas valves.

Anyway, was taking the 5 screws out to change seal, got the right socket head out an that's as far as I went.

Ended up using a pair of knipex instead

Spare length of manometer tubing for blowing through blocked Venturi and testing air pressure switches

Dont know what they are called but the bendy bits of ally covered in plastic are ace , lost mine ages since .
Bend them under a pump when removing and countless other things
Nerrad do them its called something like a multi funnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Toolkit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
No not the 2 legged type, but the ones with cloven hooves, pigs are a big industry in the Department I live in (22) the Cotes D'Armor, and I have spent many an hour, in amongst pigs either doing the circuits for the heating, repairing them, or other work like running the plastic tubes for the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock